Jan’s Cornbread Squash Casserole
Wonderful on any table…
Yield: This makes a huge pot pie. I use an aluminum 11 ½ inch pan.
• 2 cups cooked cornbread, crumbled (I use 1 pkg., Martha White Yellow Cornbread Mix)
• 2 cups cooked squash, drained and lightly mashed (this may be a mix of yellow and/or peeled zucchini)
• 1 cup chopped celery
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
• 2 eggs slightly beaten
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Prepare cornbread. Let cool and crumble 2 cups cornbread in mixing bowl. (I usually cook two packages of the Martha White Yellow Cornbread Mix in my iron skillet. Left over cornbread can be used as a good ole Red neck “planned over” with pinto beans, or a southern favorite of “sweet milk and cornbread” for supper.)
2. Add all of the ingredients. Mix well.
3.Place in a 8×8 baking dish.
4.Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Carefully remove from oven and enjoy.